Everybody's doing it, so we will too. Below are Near Media's most popular articles and podcasts from 2022. This will be the final newsletter of the year but we'll be back in 2023 with exciting new developments and analysis.
In the meantime, have a great holiday (Xmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Solstice). This is a challenging time for many people, but there's still much to be grateful for. We hope you can relax and enjoy some time off, and be sure to disengage from the screen – just not before you read this.
Most popular articles of 2022
Beyond the newsletter itself, here are the most popular articles of 2022:
- The 10 Review Platforms That Got FTC Warning Letters
- Google’s Suggested GBP Updates Nuke Reviews
- The Visual Future of Local Search - Part 1, 2 & 3
- With $4.2M Fine, FTC Kills ‘Review Gating’
- A Look at Google Local Results without ‘Self-Preferencing’
- Adding In-Store Products Can Improve Local Rankings
- Google’s New Review Algorithm: What We Know
- FTC’s Review Guidelines Part I: Business Marketers
- Yelp’s Hidden Headwinds: Declining User Traffic, Aging Reviews
- A Guide: Why Are My Reviews Missing on Google?
- Confessions of a Google Local Guide
- Google Increasingly Showing Product Images in Local Packs
Most popular podcasts of 2022
We talked a lot about Google, but we also discussed a wide range of other issues, from AI to privacy and regulation. But our most popular podcasts featured special guests. What are you trying to tell us?
- Whitespark's SEO Services for Underserved SMB Market
- How Nerdy Nuts Used SEO, PR and TikTok for Success
- Google Review Bug, Local Review Impact, Misguided Store Finder
- Google 3 Pack: New Branded Ads, GBP Neglect, feat. Krystal Taing
- GBP Bug Nukes Reviews, Google Review Location, AirBnB Disses SEM
- ChatGPT's & Local, Google's Review Filter, Nuking The Beam
- Yelp Selling Data, Google Zaps Legit Reviews, TikTok for Brands
- Live Inventory Boosts Rank, LocalU-Spam Study, GA4 Sucks
- Google Goes Astroturf, iOS Search #Fail, Search Alternatives Grow
- Search Quality, Google Self-Preferencing, Shifting Search Behaviors
- Amazon & Google Pander, American Privacy Act, Instagram Goes Local
- Google SEM, ‘Self-Updating Maps’, Mobile SERPs = Image SERPs
Greg, David & Mike